Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Time Travellers

I've been threatening to write a song about fancying Time Travellers ever since my ten year old self laid eyes on Marty McFly. Scratch that. I've had a fascination ever since Marty McFly, I've only been threatening to write the song since Teresa Bowman and Chelsea Art College. By the age of 15, this had progressed to Sam Beckett, which is a fascination that has seen a resurgence in my household lately. This is mainly due to the fact that my next door neighbour has a Sky+ box and is currently recording all of Quantum Leap for me. I even called my car Ziggy.

I'm not sure if the song will ever get written, however I have recently added another Time Traveller to my small collection: Gerard Butler. I saw him recently in TIMELINE and confirmed the suspicion that I like men with long hair and beards in loose fitting clothes. Maybe I just liked him because he looked like Jesus... although the blue eyes and the Scottish accent gives him away. Maybe it was the sword wielding that did it. An attraction to the heroic is a growing trend, thank you Hollywood.

Does travelling through portals count? Because then I could add Alexis Denisof.

Any suggestions for song titles? I'm thinking 'I fancy time travellers' is not quite going to cut it...

8 Comments:

  • At 8:28 pm, Blogger The Num Num said…

    "Time time time, see what's become of me,
    as I look around, I can see,
    It don't take money, It don't take fame,
    Its just the Power Of the Flux Capacitor"

    Booyakasha. X-Factor here I come y'all.

     
  • At 9:19 pm, Blogger Soaring said…

    Wow, I have been truly moved to tears by your cantata in tribute of those who travel through time. Any chance you are gigging soon, I would love to see you in a smoky pub in Worlds End...

     
  • At 11:23 am, Blogger The Num Num said…

    Is that Worlds End Road in Southgate? Its the only one I know of. Oh, and the Worlds End that will be started by a guy in a blue hat from the middle east - according to that Nostradamus Cathedral Bells bloke.
    Whatever happened to the Bangles anyway?

     
  • At 11:32 am, Blogger Soaring said…

    I'm from the Middle East myself, and I do have some garments in bhe blue hue. No, I meant the one in London, near the Kings Road.

    Dunno about that Eternal Flame lot...

     
  • At 11:53 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    I have a 'Quantum Leap' mug at home.... and I've always wanted a Tom Baker scarf....

    On the lyrics front:

    "Time has told me
    You're a rare rare find
    A troubled cure
    For a troubled mind."

    Not by me, but lovely nonetheless.

    ...and did you ever see the episode of the Simpsons where Homer goes time travelling accidentally? I think he manages to wipe out the dinosaurs.

     
  • At 12:05 pm, Blogger Soaring said…

    Shame, I wish I had seen that episode. I'm sure I will sooner or later. I remember a limerick Serena Wombat and I wrote once...

    There once was a time traveller called Sam
    Who sped down the hill in a pram
    He went so very fast
    That the people he passed
    Said, 'Blimey, that's a big baby...'

    Props to Serena for the ending.

    She always was a bit subversive.

     
  • At 1:19 pm, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    "The wedding was awfully strange:
    Serine sang 'Home on the Range'.
    Instead of confetti
    They all threw spaghetti,
    Which made it an interesting change."

    How about this:

    "The trouble with writing songs about travelling through time
    Is how to make them rhyme.
    Or scan.
    It's very difficult and I don't know if I can."

    And that was just off the cuff. Imagine what Keatsian heights I can reach when I actually think about what I'm writing!

     
  • At 2:38 pm, Blogger Soaring said…

    Oooh, I must say that was quite inspirational. I'd forgotten about the saghetti. Wasn't that a random limerick about my friend Sarah wedding ageing rock singer Bryan Adams? Curiously enough, Sarah is getting married next year, surprisingly enough not to ageing rock singer Bryan Adams but rather to a lovely young project manager by the name of James.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home