Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Friday, November 26, 2004

No, I am not mentioning the A-Team

Becuase they were not detectives. Ok, they might have been renegades, but they weren't working alone. They had a van, not a car. And I don't think a single one of them has a moustache or was that hairy... that's it.

Otherwise, my most faviourite one which I have newly discovered is played by the oh so charming and also Lebanese Tony Shalhoub. I am particularly fond of this man becuase he is funny (and dare I mention a colleague of another admired young chap by the name of Sanley Tucci) he is also Lebanese, as am I, but he is also very good as the hypercondriac and obsessive compulsive MONK. He was fired from the police department becuase his fear of germs hindered his abilities as an ace one class detective. He has a personal assistant called Shona who always gets involved with criminals becuase she is a single mother and no one in their right mind would want to get mixed up with her unless he were a criminal - is that what they're trying to say??? Is it? Is it, I ask you???

Here is a photograph to delight and amuse: click here for foto.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:50 pm, Blogger Ron said…

    They are clearly trying to imply that no sane, reasonable, and honest citizen would want a woman with "ankle weights". They would obviously have to therefore be a criminal. I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm glad TV doesn't mirror real life!

    Do you remember the movie Big Night??? It was such a great movie that was written by, directed by, and starring Stanley Tucci along with Tony Shalhoub (w/Marc Anthony, Minnie Driver, Isabella Rossellini, Liev Schreiber, and Ian Holm [what a supporting cast!]). Stanley and Tony -- or rather Primo and Secondo -- had such great chemistry together! And did they ever love Louie Prima!

     
  • At 9:49 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    you know, I don't think I'm ready to talk about the A-Team. Faceman = Starbuck, and in the new version of Battlestar Galactica, Starbuck is a woman. I am finding that surprisingly hard to deal with.

    (Boomer is also a woman now, but I'm okay with that)

    What was wrong with Starbuck's sexual tension with Apollo as it was? Why did they need to straighten it out?

    Gah!

    ST

     

Post a Comment

<< Home