Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Potatoes, Poems and Pubs

I am currently attempting to dismantle a potato with a fork. Don't worry, its cooked. But I'm too lazy to go and get a knife.

I am wondering why I don't write poems any more and why the pace of my life seems to resemble an episode of 24 (except without the federal agents securing the perimeter). Even the quiet spells are full of activity. I am even amazed that I managed to get out of bed by 8am today. Usually I waste the entire morning if my shift starts in the afternoon. But I feel productive and peaceful.

I am also wondering whether friends spend all their spare time in the pub. I haven't been in a pub for ages, but am rather disenclined to these days since my tolerance for smoky atmospheres has decreased somewhat. Yay no smoking law in public places!!!

Am I the only one?

2 Comments:

  • At 12:07 pm, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    Pubs are fun! You can buy drinks in them and everything.

     
  • At 8:34 pm, Blogger The Num Num said…

    ...and and, if you go to a Weatherspoon pub, you can get a smoke free area and and get some nice food at a good price. Its great. Really it is. Really. Next time I'm out west....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home