Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Monday, November 01, 2004

Wedded Bliss

Weddings, weddings, weddings.... One wedding actually, several stereotypes: babies crying, bangles jingling, people crying, all at inappropriate moments. Its a shame there was no scandal to speak of.

But, on the plus side, I got chatted up by:
a) someone with a girlfriend
b) someone who was already married
c) someone who was fifteen
Depending on the way you look at it, I was either quite successful, or failed miserably.

On a plus, the bride looked GORGEOUS, in an outfit that I had made for her, thank you, and the compliments were flowing all evening! So, all in all, a great success.



3 Comments:

  • At 10:41 am, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    I was chatted up by someone who was about fifteen once. Well, actually he was too bladdered to talk, so his friend did the chatting up on his behalf. It consisted of: "Hey. HEY. My mate fancies you."

    Just goes to show that the art of repartee is not as dead as some people think it is, doesn't it?

     
  • At 10:50 am, Blogger Soaring said…

    Mmmm, so, I'm still not sure whether that counts as success or failure??? Was he a cute 15? I must say, I spent the whole time going, 'Don't be a naughty woman, he's only 15!' aaaah feels odd to play Mrs Robinson. I must say, I felt quite powerful knowing I would be totally in control. But of course, didn't act on it, that wouldn't be very sensible, would it? Especially that family were around. I must say, the thought did cross my mind.... naughty naughty naughty!!! I'm going straight to hell, aren't I?

     
  • At 9:48 am, Blogger Me said…

    Sounds pretty successful to me. You seem to appeal to a variety of different men, which, in the end, surely gives you more to choose from? Although I suppose none of the above were particularly agreeable. Still, at least the glass is half full...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home