Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Cookie Monster!!!!

I have an absolutely splendind recipe for a giant cookie, which is cookie mix but all put on the tray in the middle and chucked in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Personally, since I didn't have a baking sheet, I put it in the upturned lid of a casserole pot, one about 12" in diameter. So, the recipe goes like this:


3/4 cup light demerera or brown caster sugar
1/2 cup (approx 100 to 125g) butter/marge
one egg
few drops vanilla extract
1 to 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
add anything else, choc chips, marsh mallows, peanut butter, ginger, m&ms...


That's the basic recipe. My friend Steph gave it to me. She usually adds an entire block of dairy milk into it (roughly chopped) , about 250g of choc? I don't know. So, I usually put in about half that, Or half a 150g block, but then I do add an enormous amount of semi-crushed maltesers to the mix, about 200 to 300g depending how I'm feeling. Then in the oven for about 8-10 minutes depending on your oven, and whether the mix is in a shallow container or on a flat sheet. I have found that it is important not to overcook the mixture as it will go fluffy like cake. you need it to be more the consistency of a brownie, squidgy. So, I take it out after a while and it is lightly browned on top. The mix then sinks a little once it is cooled, and I slice it into 16 bits. If its on a tray, you can always pass it round and people can snap off what they want. I don't like my cookie crunchy, because it should really melt. It is very rich, very addictive and lethal. You have been warned!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    we'll have to get together again soon so you can have an excuse to make another one!

    squishes

    A

     
  • At 9:46 am, Blogger Soaring said…

    sounds great! Let me know when and where!!

    love, me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home