Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Ok, so I'm a woman

Perhaps its the new pursuit of working at Reception. Perhaps its the fact that I'm working in an industry dominated by men. But oh my goodness, I am having FUN FUN FUN (till my daddy takes the T-bird away). The eye candy is enough to last me all year.

Is it offensive to men if we can't take our eyes off them? Or just appreciate their dimples? When we look them in the eye and smile? Can they tell that we're busy sitting there going 'Frrrroooaaaggghhh' on the inside? There is this American guy (soft spot for yanks i'm afraid) called Travis Graham. He's tall, besuited, clean cut, with a kind of five o'clock shadow, floppy straight hair in a preppy cut, wearing cute dark rimmed specs... I seem to have two types...

Preppy and Gerard Butler.

mmm... still, this guy is sitting in reception right now and I can't stop my gaze from drifting in his direction. Pity he's not looking my way. Ok, I'm a woman. I'm not in a relationship, and I'm allowed to look. But not lust. What's the difference anyway? Can you go weak at the knees and not call it lust?

2 Comments:

  • At 6:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aah, this is what reception work is FOR! Gotta be some compensation for answering your home phone with "PINEwoodcLinicgoodday,howcanIHELP?" for all eternity. Too bad my foray into the field was at a psychiatric clinic. The eye candy may have been there (if you like 5 o'clock shadow...), it may have been charming, but a swift glance at the chemical dependence details was more than enough to keep one firmly behind one's desk.
    Then there were the hazards of being on the receiving end of the chat-up - I remember a particular spate of traumatised prison guards...

     
  • At 9:52 am, Blogger Soaring said…

    Yes, I only have traumatised IT consultants to ogle...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home