Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Monday, November 01, 2004

Let the Blood Run Freeeeeeeee!!!

I was reminded of a television show that caught my attention in the early 90s. A spoof of every corny soap opera, set in a hospital, its heroine Nurse Pam Sandwich and hero Dr Ray Good running about in a completely insane manner. I remember Dr Ray frequently having to perform surgery on himself, nurse Pam and her elastic plastic rubber gloves (pulled frequently at tense moments of excitement), the bloody handprint on the back wall, mad scientists experimenting, the drooling mad 'Igor' porter, it was BRILLIANT! Its a shame no one else knows what I'm talking about.

Nurse Pam a beautiful heroine to be sure.


2 Comments:

  • At 11:31 pm, Blogger BEVIS said…

    I know the show - I loved it.

    As an Aussie, I used to watch it every Sunday night and we got to vote on the outcome for the next week's episode. It was the real forerunner to SMS voting on the outcomes to TV shows (which happens all the time now).

    Plus, it was hilariously campy fun.

    I believe the first season has just been released on DVD (at least in Australia).

    BEVIS

     
  • At 6:23 am, Blogger BEVIS said…

    As a further update to my previous comment, check it out here:

    http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/777908

    Cheers!

    BEVIS

     

Post a Comment

<< Home