Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Kane, Bee Gee and J

London

The Garage

Last Night

I felt like I had walked into a Sci-Fi Geek convention, let alone a Sci-Fi convention. Talk about loads of provincial overweight bespectacled female goths. And some freaky americans. Do you ever get the feeling that you've walked into the twilight zone? There was this one guy hanging about the bar who had a hairdo like a BeeGee. It wasn't until later that we realised he was one of the musicians in the band!!! hee hee!

Anyway, we pitched our tent at the back on the side of the bar with an view of the entire venue. Its nice for what it is. And I was on top form as far as star spotting was concerned. The support act was some dumpy bloke from S Club 7 who has grown his hair, dyed it black and decided to go all punk rock. Go figure. But a little into us settling down, I dug Sarah in the ribs and said, 'That bloke in the stripey shirt is the guitarist in KANE!!!' so she's like, u-huh? And not long after, we spotted two other members of afore-mentioned teeny bopper band. The blonde one and the other blonde one. They are dinky sized. And their entourage.

Anyway, kicking music, with a complimentary "Me and Steve have been drunk for four days...' routine.

Then, half way through the evening, I am standing on a chair waving my arms about, and I look over to the right to see a cute guy buying drinks. And then it hits me... its J August Richards. At this point I totally flip and shake my mate violently, pointing him out in the process, 'I hope he sings too!' I say. Before I know it, he's on stage for a final rendition of 'Sweet Home Alabama' and I'm juts in awe that I've laid eyes on, and been in the same room as some hunky men from the cast of Angel. DAMN, that was a good evening.

One point of contention. I hate men who are 6'8 and decide to stand about 6' away from the stage, thus blocking everyone's view. This is the most inconsiderate behaviour EVER.

Well, a good night and worth the lack of sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home