Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Magnum is not an ice cream

He is a private investigator. I spent considerable amount of time trying to attach his photograph, but unfortunately Hello did not like anything that wasn't a jpeg. Needless to say, we can draw a fondly remembered outline of said scantily clad Hawaiian lothario. I seem to remember first and foremost, his 'tache, a fitting and essential item for any gentleman during the 1980s. Secondly, his glorious dimples, a quality which has a tendency to send me weak at the knees. And thirdly, that being quite scandily clad revealed the fact that he was quite hairy in general. This is alright if hairy men appeal to you. I'm not bothered either way, myself.

I can't remember much else, apart from the fact that he drove a red Ferrari, had a mate who flew a helicopter, spent a lot of time on the beach and had a butler who sometimes doubled as a Colombian drug dealer in a case of mistaken identity.

Actually, this sounds suspiciously like a show I used to catch at about 2 in the morning called 'Tropical Heat' I can still hear the theme tune in my head... 'anywhere the wind blows, blows right back to me-hee-hee...' where a ponytailed detective, Nick Slaughter (yes, that was what the character was called) (played by Rob Stewart) was a) quite hairy b) had dimples, c) ran around scantily clad on a beach and d) had a colleague called Spider (ties in with the car). mmmm. Methinks I smell a rodent.

And Sophie, hold your horses, I'm dealing with them one at a time, cheers!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:00 am, Blogger Ron said…

    Oh goodness, I actually remember Tropical Heat! I think it had another title, but I'm straining to remember what it was...oh well! Oh the crazy mixed-up adventures Rob Stewart would get into!

     
  • At 3:07 pm, Blogger Soaring said…

    I looked it up. It was called Sweating Bullets. personally I prefer Tropical Heat. Sounds more exotic and less smelly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home