Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

New Year, New World?

OK, so we've thundered into the New Year in a stream of well, er... streamers. I have spent a thoroughly indulgent holiday season catching up on being a vegetable and boning up on my recommended daily allowance of Science Fiction. I have discovered a new series (of which only a little exists since the network in the US ENDED it) called FIREFLY, which is totally fabulous. I have fallen in love with the entire crew. Bless. Needless to say, it is the newest offering from genius Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy etc.. and is MUCH better than any Buffy or Angel (dare I say it???)

OK, as far as new years resolutions go, they're not so much resolutions as they are nice tasks to accomplish and might be quite fun as they go. I've also included some more boring ones, just for a sense of reality.

- wear all my crazy shoes more often

- try on everything in my wardrobe and re-organise and re-style myself.

- make some really good underwear

- write a children's book and see if i can't get it published

- sell some of my miniature teddy bears online

- launch my website (therefore getting loads of business)

- I like the idea of getting an article in the local press - that would be GREAT!

- Be able to start saving money

- Make a full on business plan

- Write one song every month - I'll have an album by the end of the year

- Go salsa or ceroc dancing once a week

- Have a quiet time of reflection, evaluation and thanksgiving every day

- Become financially independent?

- Ride motorcycles more often

- Take more care of myself (maybe the last one doesn't go well with this one?)

- Have more fun!

- Go on a dance holiday

- Put a ban on buying any more makeup or magazines

- Make At least 12 corsets this year.

I hope there isn't anything unrealistic here. All of them are pretty cool. Generally speaking, the idea is to be a bit more constructive, productive (with accounts) and a bit less Sci-Fi obsessed.

Please do comment.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:28 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    I think you should blog more too...!

     
  • At 1:27 pm, Blogger Soaring said…

    Why thank you for saying I should blog more - it is nice to know that the frivolous things I have to say are eagerly anticipated by at least one person. Hurray! I have an audience!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home