Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Monday, February 14, 2005

Expectant or Expecting?

Not me, don't worry, but I've got to that stage in life where so many of my friends are trying to have babies. Its absolutely wonderful, becuase I get to find out all about the female reproductive system. Without being too explicit, I had this amazing conversation with my next door neighbour about how to do your 'chart'. It is supposed to be able to predict when in your menstrual cycle you are more likely to conceive based on about three different and obscure variables: 1) your temperature 2) excretion of certain fluids 3) something to do with your cervix. Clearly I was so fascinated, I'm not actually quite sure how these things relate to the five possible days you are ovulating. Apart from the growing number of growing women I know, added to those trying to conceive and those getting together or getting hitched (will this merry-go-round of life never end?), it leaves me a little confused as to what my role is in the procedings apart from to go 'oooh!' and 'ahhh' and 'can you feel it kick?' and 'you look so good together' not to mention 'when's the big day?'.

Taking into consideration that it is the big V day today, I feel quite departed from the whole 'loved-upness' that we're supposed to feel around this time of year. BUT, having said that, I still do feel quite expectant about 2005 in general. It has been a cracker of a year so far, what with conflict, unsuitable suitors and general business, not to mention all the new years resolutions and stuff, that I'm feeling like something should give around about mid-August.

A woman can tell these things, you know.

But as I said to a friend yesterday, 'I can't wait to have my story!' I can't wait for the end of the year, to look back and go 'WOW! Thank the Lord! What with all the traumas and excitements, look how brilliantly things have turned out in the end! Amen, let's do it again next year and see what happens!'

You'll be hearing about it hear first, so stay tuned.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:35 pm, Blogger Calia77 said…

    Hmmm... Honey, the things going on in your mind are pretty similar to those going on in mine! Met the first bloke who made me think about having kids. And guess what? He was one of those unsuitables! Doesn't life just kick you in the teeth sometimes?

     
  • At 9:39 am, Blogger Soaring said…

    There you go - we really must meet up for a good coffee and chinwag. I know a great place on Oxford Street...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home