Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Waiting for the fish



Do you sometimes think that life would be much better if you were patient? Patience has a tendency to elude me, I want what I want, and I want it NOW. Can you learn to be a cheerful waiter? I mean, sure if you actually enjoy balancing trays and taking abuse from people who just want to order you about... but really, you know, while you wait for stuff to happen in your life, is there a way to be content, cheerful, and generally pleasant to be around? Is it a character trait that you can imbue? I mean, what if the concept of being a child of peace is completely alien to you? What does it look like? I mean, sometimes I think my attitude goes something like this: 'If you care enough about something, it moves you to action. If you're not moved to action about the thing you're frustrated about, then it SEEMS like you don't care and its not important.' Mmmm time to change the script to something like, 'Just becuase I'm not doing anything about it, it doesn't mean its not important and it doesn't mean I don't care.' So, how do I communicate that then? How do I start living it? How can something still be REALLY important, but you don't STRIVE after it? There is a big lesson here to be learned... I think the cats can teach us something. Do you think they learned that if they hang around long enough, then they'd get what they wanted?
Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

  • At 2:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How is the most beautiful woman in England doing?? :-)))))

    Only God can give you patience honey, and that patience only comes by experiencing trials and tribulations.

    James 1:3-4 Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

    Just be willing to allow God to finish his work in you. It will be worth it all, I promise you!

    2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory;

    Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

    It all comes together like a jigsaw puzzle! :-)

     
  • At 4:01 am, Blogger Tom Reindl said…

    A big old dash of grace will help with patience. Look how long God waited to redeem man? How many thousand years?

    He does the same for us, and I think Mac is right, some trials do engrave patience within us.

    Good hope to you. It's all I have to offer.

     
  • At 9:59 am, Blogger Soaring said…

    Thanks guys! You are AMAZING! I know I keep saying it... I'm doing OK, God is really working something in me at the moment - there is so much to think about. I'm on a steep learning curve. Thank you so much for your support and wise words, you are a blessing and an inspiration! God is good!

     
  • At 3:38 pm, Blogger Calia77 said…

    Remember to ask for it. And also His peace to keep you sane whilst you wait!

    Not easy, I know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home