Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Friday, February 18, 2005

THE MONEY SECRET

I had a very challenging day yesterday whereupon I lost my purse. Not just a silly mislay - you know, I've lost it plenty of times before where my housemate has come into my room and gone, 'Look! There it is!' but no, not this time. I may have left it at the house where we have band practice... but I asked the lady whose house it is and she couldn't see it anywhere. So something I haven't done before: I cancelled all my cards! URGH! Hopefully it will turn up then. I checked all over the house, in the car, at work... and I didn't go anywhere or see anyone dodgy inbetween those times, nor spend any money, so... URGH! GRRR! ARG!

Anyway, just in time for this new campaign that is going on that Rob Parsons is urging us to partake in. This is what he says:

Will you help us launch a campaign that I pray will strengthen families across the UK? I need your help to get the message of The Money Secret book out across the country, where it can release people from the fear and isolation of debt.

On Monday 28th February outside the Bank of England in London, we will launch Cash for a Month – Give Debt the Elbow! The idea is simple. During the month of March, decide to use just cash – not credit or debit cards - for all your everyday shopping.

But why do I need your help? Next week I plan to contact radio stations and newspapers. I want to be able to tell them that hundreds, maybe thousands of people have already signed up for Cash for a Month.

This will give the scheme credibility and should grab the attention of media everywhere. TV presenter Diane Louise Jordan is already keen to help us with the campaign.
We're hoping that this will capture the attention of the media, and get the principles of The Money Secret out to our nation. All the royalties from the book are going to charity.
Would you help by doing two things?

(1) Would you sign up yourself to Cash for a Month? All you have to do is respond to an email you will receive tomorrow, confirming your email address and postcode.

(2) Please send tomorrow’s email to as many friends as you can, encouraging them to sign up too. The campaign is being launched under the banner of www.themoneysecret.info
How does it work?What we suggest is that your standing orders or direct debits continue as usual. But through the month of March, use only cash for all your shopping – instead of using credit cards, debit cards or store cards. You may be amazed at the different way you view your spending, when you’re using real money that actually runs out towards the end of each week! In fact, one expert has suggested that when we use credit cards we spend up to a third more.
If you are experiencing the pressures of debt yourself at the moment – resolve to talk to someone and start finding help today. You’ll find some useful links at www.themoneysecret.info. And most of all – know that you can find hope and a way forward.
Thank you for your help – together, we can make a difference.

To sign up now, just click here – thank you!UnsubscribeIf you have received this message in error, or do not wish to be contacted by Care for the Family using email in the future, simply click on the 'Unsubscribe' link above.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:20 pm, Blogger Tom Reindl said…

    I've been doing cash for a month for about five years now. It's wonderful. No more credit cards!! No more car payments. What would the world look like without revolving credit?

     
  • At 2:35 pm, Blogger Soaring said…

    Where's your dancing banana, Tom?

     
  • At 1:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They only hang out at my site. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home