Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Monday, March 14, 2005

The Anxiety of Boredom

Who would have thought that boredom would make one anxious? I mean, I'm going out of my skull here twiddling my thumbs. I'm distracted and restless. I know, I know... go to the gym (not likely), go for a run, Lord! Go to Salsa or SOMETHING! ANYTHING! Quick a distraction! I feel like I"m just biding my time waiting for this restlessness to pass. I guess it was something that has characterised most of my teenage life - you know, got bored, got anxious, ate food, got fat, escaped into televisual um, escapism... but now I can't do that because I've given up sugar (no more stuffing face) and films (no more escapism) so the problem that always was there has just reared its head again. Need to find constructive way have outlet.

Any suggestions? Becuase I'm not sure how long I can practice breathing in and then purring out...

3 Comments:

  • At 2:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You gave up films? Good God woman. :-O

    Ok ok, maybe a recreational club might suit you. Maybe this is a good time to examine what kind of physical activities you like to do for fun, like hiking, bird watching, hardcore gambling? :-D

     
  • At 8:43 am, Blogger Soaring said…

    Cheeky boy! I've had a friend fix my bicycle so once I've WD40d it I can ride like the wind! And I really love dancing salsa - the only problem with that is you need a dance partner and some floor space... any takers?

     
  • At 12:27 am, Blogger portuguesa nova said…

    I should probably give up films and sugar myself, but honestly think blogging is far more addictive for me than either of them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home