Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Friday, March 04, 2005

Adventures before 9 am.

So I'm queueing up at the coffee cart to get my usual cup of Earl Grey tea. I'm busy dunking my teabag and figuring out which pitcher of milk as 'skimmed' in it. I pick up the pitcher which has one of those loose lids with a hinge on it that you lift up (or not) to pour the milk. Anyway, away I go, noticing that the container is a little heavier than usual and I end up with a fountain of milk pouring straight into my cup at such speed that it overflows all over the counter top and down my suit! (OK, the only thing that got really damaged was my sleeve). Not only do I have to bear the shame and embarassment of looking like a total idiot child, but I am stood there holding up the other folks who are desperate for their morning dose of caffine. To make matters worse, the now flooded teacup is looking rather less like milky tea and more like milky water, a flavourless tepid liquid which I shall probably have to do away with down the sink.

At least it only cost 20p.

Yup, I just had another sip and it tastes suspiciously like luke warm milk without the milk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home