Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Super Teddies and Rusty Chains

I've got a really old squeaky bicycle. Its becuase I've left it uncovered in the alley next to the house since the summer. I'd been convinced of a flat tyre and had abandoned it to the elements during the rather nasty weather we'd been having. But there is a smell of spring in the air, and today for the first time in months, I rode it into town and back. It squeaks. Quite horribly. With every turn of the rear wheel. The blokey at Halfords said it was becuase the back wheel had buckled and I needed a professional to adjust the spokes for me till it squeaked no more. He also said I should re-set the rear brakes so that I had a bit more leverage as far as the 'squeeze' went, because the rear brakes were looking a bit dodgy. Still, any excuse to recruit a nice young man to assist me in my technical endeavours!

On another note, I've started another blog for all my teddy bear stories. The one on there at the moment is called Little Rimmer. There could be a better name, but I couldn't think of one. Also, it is totally unedited and in need of perfecting. Let us say this is the first draft and will give you a gist of plot and characters. Several bits of it could be fleshed out, but by the time I finish the story it will end up being a novel, and I'm trying to keep it short without taking away any of the important bits. Cheers to Neil for the homage to Red Dwarf. Pity the character doesn't really fit his name... (but maybe he has another name?) Otherwise, Rimmer (who is residing chez N) is currently in a temporal paradox. In fact, becuase his past hasn't been written yet, he is fading into a mere shadow of himself - one could call the state of being almost holographical... go figure. Here's Bear Faced Cheek. Hope you enjoy and comment lots.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Koko just loves these posts. Likes to read em while jamming to tunes on my MP3 player. ;-)

     
  • At 4:42 pm, Blogger Erin said…

    Thanks for visiting my blog. It looks like you stumbled across my old blog which I now use to upload pictures. If you want to see the new one go to skeinstreet.blogspot.com

    Ramses is a Maine Coon and he's the sweetest cat I've ever met. Pippin comes in at a close second.

     
  • At 10:42 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    Thanks for stopping by my place too.
    I am familiar-ish with Reading & think I may have been in Bar Med.
    Sadly I'm up in Yorkshire this weekend so I won't be able to accept your kind offer.
    Shame, god knows I could do with doing something new & exciting to brighten up my currently dreary life.
    Do pop by again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home