Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Monday, May 23, 2005

On Being Sparkly

Even sparkly busy people get lonely. Even being sparkly can not always be an antidote for those feelings of melancholy you get from time to time. The problem is that I'm finding myself more and more at a loose end. It could be becuase I haven't got a television and my dvd player is on the blink? Or is it just that someone is trying to tell me something?

Last night I found myself with an impeccably tidy room, no projects or deadlines to meet and a good hour or two before bedtime. I didn't have any good novels lined up, (Woody Allen's Complete Prose is something you have to be in a certain mood for and can hardly be considered a novel!) certainly nothing I wanted to read, and all the other books I had were either 'get your life organised!' books or deeply spiritual and biblically based heavy going stuff that reminds you you are supposed to be reading the bible and being the best you can be. I neither wanted to practice my Arabic nor pretty much do any work what so ever. I didn't want to designs any outfits, make miniature teddy bears, do any stretching exercises nor pluck my eyebrows (they do not currently need plucking...)

I think I need to develop a good bed-time routine that will leave me relaxed and does not include staying up on msn bugging people who should not be on the internet at that time of night, nor playing freecell until I start dreaming of the Jack of Spades...

So what is there to do? Any suggestions?

5 Comments:

  • At 5:41 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    I wish I knew, I really do!

     
  • At 8:51 am, Blogger Calia77 said…

    Get some easy to read books, crawl into bed and start reading. You're bound to drop off just as you reach a really exciting bit! Works for me! Which is why I'm so un-read at the moment!
    If all else fails - I don't have a clue! ;-)

     
  • At 9:37 am, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    How about ... drawing maps of places that don't exist? Or making up the genealogy of a fictional family?

    Or making a cut-up poem out of an old copy of TV Quick? (Those were the days ...)

     
  • At 6:33 am, Blogger Calia77 said…

    Productive, my dear, productive!

     
  • At 10:32 am, Blogger Soaring said…

    oooh! ello bee! where did you spring from? Thought you were travelling incommunicado? Sorry I missed you last time I was in ole brisel.... how you doing?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home