Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Sweet tea and sympathy

I had to move my car from accross the street this morning, becuase the council have decided to disallow parking on that side of the road until the building project that is happening in the next street is completed. It was 8am but it was a glorious sunny day! So warm that I thought I'd go for a bike ride. By the time I'd walked back to the house, (all of ten seconds) I realised that I'd locked myself out! Not wanting to wake my housemate, I walked over to T & A's where I know a spare key is kept and also that they are an early rising kind of household...

Cue bike ride along the river. Lovely. Deserted. Blissfully sunny and warm. Dirt track. well worn groove in the path. As big as a curb. Crash! Bang! Feel sick, help me God! So I hobbled back to civilisation where the nice people at the hotel gave me an ice pack, a cup of hot sweet tea and my statutory one telephone call. 45 minutes and a dripping ice pack later my housemate and T came to pick me up.

Cue sympathy pleeeeese! Although in good spirits, especially that I rang in sick. I'm walking, but it looks a little funny. It makes me thankful for my joints that work normally. But I may be convinced that losing weight would be a good idea if only for the health and wellbeing of said joints... mmmm makes a girl think.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:29 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    Aaaw, poor you.

    It could've been worse though, eh? You could've gone in the river!

     
  • At 10:45 pm, Blogger Calia77 said…

    I think we need a Monty Python sing-a-long!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home