Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Watch it, weight!

There we go. Not only did I try internet dating for a sum total of three weeks this year, but I have now signed up to Weight Watchers in a bid to lose the excess weight that I've been carrying for most of my life. I've been on countless diets and healthy eating fads over the years to counteract feelings of sluggishness and general fatness from eating too many sweets. I go through phases of being able to control my eating habits and develop good patterns. I don't seem to have a problem per say with self-control or will power, as I even gave up sugar for 10 weeks earlier this year with no cravings and no detrimental effect. In fact, it stabilised my eating patterns and I'm sure I lost weight! The only problem was I returned to an unhealthy pattern and I'm sure I put the weight back on! (perhaps not all of it) but I was eating copious quantities of ice cream which is unfortunately my weakness.

So, seeing as how accountability seems to be the one element of all my efforts that is lacking, I have bit the bullet and decided to swallow my pride concerning all the stigma attached to such a venture. My first meeting was fine, with the overly energetic and sylph like Sue as my ww hostess. Of course, I felt like a frumpy middle aged housewife - WHY? I am young free and single, frumpy is not exactly a word anyone would use to describe me, and yet, I came away feeling excited to be filling in a little journal, but otherwise realising quite how dense I was. Still, I wouldn't mind being 34 stone if I looked like a size 12!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home