Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Monday, June 06, 2005

You put your right leg in...

Went to a Ball on Saturday with Lady Penelope. It was pretty fun becuase I recognised so many people there, and I was expecting to know about three people! many of the old gang were folks who I'd been to church with and in homegroups with before I moved away from London. It was really good to see some old faces again. In fact, it was rather refreshing as opposed to exhausting! I did feel a little like the Limpy Princess, though, because I spent most of the evening with my leg up on a chair and a rather wet ice pack dripping down my fishnet tights. I thought it would elicit some sympathy and perhaps get a few chaps over to chat to me, but nay. I was sorely mistaken, and my sore knee was not sympathetic at all. As I couldn't show off on the dance floor, I had to make do with sitting down for a spell, and then getting restless to the point of going up to random strangers and complimenting them on their attire for the evening. It worked better with women, as they tended to be dressed rather more to impress than the chaps. There is only so much one can say about a dj after all. but then after a while standing, i found I could take the pain no longer and just had to sit down again, thus forfeiting the potential of an extended conversation with whichever chap I happened to be talking to at the time and possibly leave him thinking that I wanted to make a quick exit... shame. I'm sure the whole affair had the desired effect it was supposed to - not quite sure what that is exactly, but one day I'm sure I'll find out.

Nevertheless, a fun evening was had, hooked up with some old friends, got to dress up all sparkly and glam, go somewhere new, had a surreal moment in a Lebanese sandwich bar on the Edgeware Road at two in the morning, and it really opened my eyes to this one fact: There are plenty of good christian men out there. There is only one thing: there have got to be easier ways of getting to know them!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:26 am, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    You really don't have much luck with your legs, do you? ;)

     
  • At 7:50 am, Blogger Soaring said…

    Bee is refering to November 1993 when I was roller skating in the college car park. The stopper came off one of my skates, and I ended up breaking my ankle in four places and being laid up in bed for about three months! I still have a plate and nine screws in there... this is the other leg, mind. All the more reason to lose some weight, I reckon!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home