Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Weighting and Dating

OK, so I'm on the verge of two exciting discoveries. One of them is really really short term: the discovery whether or not I have lost any weight this week. It is particularly terrifying becuase I'm not sure if I'm prepared for the answer. It could go three ways. I could have lost, stayed the same or put on weight. Clearly the first two are better than the last, but how do I adjust my expectations so that I'm not disappointed. I suppose i don't expect to feel that ecstatic should I lose 2lb out of a probably 60 that I need to lose in all.... but how disappointed am I going to feel if I don't lose anything? And really when it all comes down to it, does it matter? So, let me list the successes of this week:

- have been drinking between two and three litres a day. Mostly water, the odd cup of tea and sometimes sugar free squash.
- have eaten breakfast every single day. Usually this consists of some cereal with skimmed milk
- have upped the amount of fruit I'm eating - I'm snacking on fruit instead of rubbish
- I haven't had any cakes, sweets or chocolates apart from getting about half way through a half empty tub of Green and Black's organic chocolate before throwing it away... so, it was a success that I threw the rest away and didn't eat ALL of the remains.
- I've written everything down that I've eaten to track my bad habits! (so far, it is just a matter of fine-tuning them!)

So, I'm basically waiting to see whether eating three healthy vegetable filled meals a day is actually going to have had a positive effect on me this week.

In other news, I have decided to change my entire attitude towards the notion of dating. As I said recently, my eyes have been opened - there are plenty of good men out there. There are plenty of good Christian men out there, as well. But my biggest problem has been my attitude towards dating. I've always thought that its not really right to date. In fact, I had even decided that I didn't even want to date anyone until I found 'the one' which is a pretty stupid attitude to have. But also, the definition of dating has to be clarified. I mean, what qualifies as a date, low key or otherwise? I've decided to loosen up a bit. I'll go for coffee with mostly anyone. The idea of dating is now as an end to itself. To have fun, to get to know members of the opposite sex, and discover what I like about them. To enjoy a good meal or a film, or sharing activities with someone I wouldn't otherwise choose to spend time with. I've decided to accept most invitations should I get them, and to change my pattern of traffic so that I'm meeting more people. Also, I've decided to quit with the waiting for 'the one' and start enjoying the chaps who have already been sent my way. Don't have to be 'going out' with them per say, but just getting to know them better... i don't have to fancy them at all, and I don't have to be obliged to fancy them if they show a bit of interest. I always thought that if a guy liked me i was somehow indebted to him and had to like him in return. So out of the window that thought goes... and bring on the dates!!!

Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:03 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Hey, found you through a link on Flash's blog. It sounds like we have similar journeys happening - halfway around the world from one another. I've been doing WW and have had moderate success (okay better than moderate, but there's still more success to be had, in my mind), and I've been internet dating lately. It's exhausting in far too many ways to count.

    Keep your chin up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home