Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Relight my fire

OK, OK, this is one reason that I feel resourceful and tomboyish...

I set fire to my parents' kitchen last week... The shame of it all! I didn't know how to use their microwave and I think I hit a double setting of microwave plus convection for 25 mintues... RIP very nice spring rolls! Anyway, after the old, 'do you smell burning?' routine, I ran into the kitchen only to find the entire place full of thick white smoke! I could hardly see a thing and was scared that the microwave was going to explode or something! Anyway, C helped me find a tea-towel and I spent the next half an hour running about with a wet towel on my face trying to avoid asphixiation, with stinging eyes, jumping on counters, opening every window and door I could find, and airing the whole house out!

I think I distressed the next door neighbours by ringing at near on 10pm in an alarmed state requesting scented candles so that I could get rid of the smell of smoke which I had to do before the folks came home....

I must say, I felt rather proud of myself, the fact that I MacGyvered my way out of the situation, was calm in a crisis and as resourceful and adventurous as a girl could be. I only wished I'd had a jeep waiting outside that I could speed off into the sunset...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its such as you read my mind! You appear to grasp so much approximately this, like you wrote the
    ebook in it or something. I think that you simply
    can do with a few % to power the message house a bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog. A fantastic read. I will certainly be back.

    my website :: mazda rx7 part

     

Post a Comment

<< Home