Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Turning Thirty


A landmark occasion for any girl. It happened the week after I got made redundant, so in one way it was a good excuse to take a week off and party. YAY!!! Here is a picture of me celbrating with a couple of friends!

I must say, the Tapas that night was particularly wonderful, but not as wonderful as the outstanding cocktails. They were more like alcoholical milkshakes, but needless to say, I actually drank alcohol that night... A special occassion well worth it.

So, its around this time of reaching landmarks when you have to look a bit more closely at your achievements. Well, you don't have to, but they sort of call for it, by the mere nature of having reached the landmark. And what do I see in my life? Well, I'm going to look at it this way: I'm in a fabulous position. I'm old enough that I've got wisdom and experience and a good head on my shoulders. I've grown in confidence over the years and generally feel quite good about being me. And instead of moaning about what I haven't got, I'm in a place to realise that, as my friend Sophie put it, the best is yet to come. I have all the good things still to look forward to, finally losing all my puppy fat and becoming a real grown up, getting a firm step on a career ladder and landing a great job, with good prospects, most anticipated of these things is my own special falling in love story, followed by lots of cheeky kids one day, a houseful of arts and music and people dropping in for tea the whole time, feeding the neighbourhood and long hot lazy summers... maybe even living abroad for a spell.

But the greatest thing about all these not yets is that they're not at all in my control. I mean, of course I can do tiny things to assist them, some more than others, but really, isn't it all a God-given dream which only he can ordain? I mean, really... I can no more affect which job I get or what man next walks into my life. All I can do is be around to make the important choices... So yeah, I'm in a good place. Things are moving. They've already come a long way, but most of all there is hope for a bright future.

Don't get me wrong, its not all bright and dandy, because there is pain in the 'not yet'. But the comfort is that I don't have to do it all by myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home