Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Bite Me

My cat sitting experiences have me suffering, I'm afraid. There was an infestation of blood sucking fleas at the kitten's residence which has left me riddled and pock-marked with seriously itchy spots, mainly on the lower half of my body, concentrated around my ankles. On one ankle alone I have sixteen flea bites of varying size and state of repair. On one knee, I have a rather red scab where the itch was so bad I managed to draw blood. Yesterday Bruce let off three flea bombs which fumigated the house, so I believe all insects are now dead. Unfortunately the kittens still carry the little blighters, and these cats, being affectionate and due to me staying well away are thus starved of cuddles, proceed to get a little over-excited whenever I come to feed them and do not leave me alone! I find it impossible to refuse their miaws and end up tickling them on the head. Unfortunately the payment in return is more flea bites, garnered when they twist around my ankles in lieu of feeding. The bites I am starting to find even more irritating now that it has been at least a week of itching constantly and the instructions on my anasesthetic cream medication say 'do not use for longer than a week.' In addition, this means I will end up going to Soose's wedding looking like my ankles alone have suffered from chicken pox. The fleas have now made it up to waist level (at last count, I have five at waist level, one below my navel, one on the left and three closely packed on the right...) I do hope I can sleep tonight!! AM doesn't get back for another two weeks. When can I hand over cat sitting duties? When, Lord, when?

PS - do I taste sweet to fleas or something? I dread to think what the Vampires would do to me!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:57 pm, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    I too am a magnet for flea bites, and they are usually concentrated around my ankle/lower leg area too. I remember that the house I lived in 8 years ago had previously had a resident cat, which very generously left a large number of fleas behind when it moved out, and although my legs were absolutely covered in bites for weeks, my housemate didn't get bitten once.

    I think you and I both just have super-tasty blood or something ...

     
  • At 10:21 pm, Blogger Calia77 said…

    I've got the midges after me - smack on my left ankle. Boy does that itch and smart! I think I need some anti-midge spray for Greenbelt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home