Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Bring back the sparkle!

I've had an interesting day. But boy do I feel like I'm in the middle of a raging war.

After I finished work at 1pm, I went to my American friend's house to make a corset. I had lunch first and sat in the garden, and then spent the whole afternoon dilligently working on this lovely cotton print corset with lace detailing. I spent a little time in the sun, I'm sure I got a little brown even. I was relaxed and having fun, chatting to the girl whose corset it was that I was making. So, time clicks on and I know that I have duties to attend to in the evening... I have band practice that usually starts just before 8pm.

After breaking at around 7 just after finishing the sewing for the day, I suddenly realised how utterly exhausted I was. My injured knee had started to swell and made my ankle now absolutely humungus in the heat. It still is. I had to drive home, ring people to tell them I was too tired to come to practice, crashed through the doors carrying heavy sewing machine and took one look at my housemate, 'I'm in a bad mood!' and clunked up the stairs. I made something to eat, being careful to eat nutritiously, not just junk. And then half way through my meal I started to feel a little bit sick and upset. I phoned a friend, but he was just on his way to a date... which for some reason set me off and I started crying.

It made me feel just like Duckie in 'Pretty in Pink' when he is standing there at the prom, having to see the girl that he's had a crush on for, like, EVER, go off with another man... Not that I have a crush on this friend of mine - maybe a little one - but it was just too much for me, the fact that he was unavailable and never warns me about all these dates he's going on.

I hate being tired.

I hate being Duckie.

When am I going to stop being the sidekick and start being the princess?

OK, I think this is just a case of PMT talking, but I've just had enough and I need a holiday. I want to just quit my life for three weeks and find my groove again! Becuase everyone around me is saying that I'm not my usual sparkly self and I don't know what can bring back the sparkle.

I might have shimmery sun tan cream on, but this shandy has gone flat!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:39 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Oh, but Duckie got a girl at the end of the movie - well, they flirted anyway. But, hey, I know the feeling. Hang in there!

     
  • At 7:44 am, Blogger Calia77 said…

    Give it up to God. The sparkle won't come back until you stop trying to force it to...

     
  • At 12:55 pm, Blogger Soaring said…

    I'm not trying to force it, I'm just missing it!!! Although my housemate said I looked well this morning, everyone else seems to think I'm all tired and weary. I don't feel my old self. I don't know what is wrong. I've given up trying to figure it out. I'm practicing 'living in the moment' and learning to relax... so I'm doing all the right things, my stress levels are down becuase I'm choosing not to worry about the next project...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home