Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Friday, August 12, 2005

A Shock And A Victory

OK, so yesterday afternoon around 5pm, I get a call from the agency that hired me to do this job approximately one year ago. The lovely girl on the other end cheerfully told me that the booking was coming to an end and effectively I had no job to go to on Monday. What?

I've been having a think recently that I would like to go into a new field, and needed a bit of time to research it, but actually it seems that God has got some other plans for me. Hooray! It is actually quite exciting. Before I go, I'm planning to go down to the agency and give them a piece of my mind. I mean, what if they can't find me work for next week? They can't just leave me in the lurch like this. Usually if you're temping you get a warning that the booking is going to last two or three weeks, and you find out closer to the time whether they're going to want you back. Granted. But I've been in this job one year. I've made friends! I've done good networking. I've made an impact on my environment. I've changed an awful lot as well in that time, grown in confidence and I look fantastic too (what that has to do with the job, I've no idea...). The main point is that it is a bit of a shock in less than 24 hours to realise you have no job.

So, onwards and upwards. I'd like to go into Training and Development, and see if I can't forge a career that is more fitting to the skills and personality I have to offer. I guess I'd love to be mentored along the way, and would be keen to look for a position that offers CIPD training after a year or sooner.

Oh, and the Victory? I finally reached my 10%!!! In fact, I surpassed it! I've lost 10% of my bodyweight! That is 21lb, or one and a half stone! I've set myself a new target, which is just less than one and a half stone to go... I am aiming to lose it by Christmas, which actually gives me plenty of time. I might even lose 2 stone by then, which would be totally unbelieveable. Still, we celebrated with champagne last night! I'm starting to enjoy seeing what shape is emerging! I think I'm definately going to be able to tell a real difference by the next 10lbs... stay tuned, I might even post some photos!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:25 pm, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    Congratulations!

    And it is very definitely not on for the agency to only let you know about the end of your job at such short notice. That is very, very poor behaviour indeed - whether it was the fault of the agency or the people you're actually working for. Very poor.

    BTW, I will be sending you a Package tomorrow ...

     
  • At 1:58 am, Blogger Calia77 said…

    Well done for the victory.
    Well done for the great attitude re: the job. As you said - maybe it's time for God to move you on. Keep listening and trying those doors.

     
  • At 5:47 pm, Blogger Soaring said…

    oooh a package! how 'citin!!! *big cheesy grin*

     
  • At 6:25 am, Blogger BEVIS said…

    Sorry to interrupt, but I just left a message on a very old post of yours (November 2004, "Let The Blood Run Freeeeeeeee"), and thought you may not see it unless I let you know here.

    Hope it helps! :)

    BEVIS

     
  • At 8:15 am, Blogger BEVIS said…

    Oh, and HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY TO ME! :)

    (I promise I'm not stalking or spamming you!)

    :)

    BEVIS

     

Post a Comment

<< Home