Arabic Sweet

Learning to be more serene...

Friday, March 24, 2006

Sabotage!

I don't know why, but how come I seem to sabotage my best efforts to get anywhere with my weight loss? I've only lost half a stone since November and it is now the end of March. It is starting to upset me. I've had two good weeks and two bad weeks in a row, the bad weeks have almost totally overwritten my good weeks.

The thing that disappoints me most of all is that I know I can do it, because I've done it before, but every time I don't do it, it plants a seed of doubt in my head.

Having said that, I recently calculated all of the 'points' that I had eaten in a week, or rather, I have 21 points in a week to spend on what I like that isn't on my 'free food' list. I calculated everything that I ate that wasn't on my free food list and, ahem, it came up to 161.5 points. Approximately. It could have been more?

At least I know this: If i manage a SUSTAINED effort, then I will reap results. The only problem is, you can't forsee the futre, can you? You just don't know if you're going to have a bad week. So what can I do to ensure that I always have a good week? That is the question, isn't it?
How do I condition my house, my brain, my thought processes, my habits, my life, so that invariably a good week will ALWAYS be had? On an ongoing basis. Because I don't want to struggle with this anymore. I've struggled all my life, and if I can make this last final push... why is it always the final stretch so difficult?

I just can't get away with it anymore. I've got to be really strict with myself. REALLY. Because I know that it works. I just hope I can do it for long enough... and my resolve at the moment seems fairly flimsy, not in intent, but in evidence. So clearly, resolve isn't good enough if it is about intent. It has to be more than that. It has to come out of the firmest belief, and I guess at the bottom of it all, I really believe I can get away with it. So, change my belief, change my behaviour.

Easier said than done, eh? Change change change... at least SOME things stay the same...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home